Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thing 13 - Learn about tagging and discover a Del.icio.us

I don't really know if I like something like this... You see, I still am in college, and the one thing both my professors and the librarians at McDaniel College stress is being able to find authoritative sources. The links here are okay, but there's no way for me to tell whether the sources are authoritive or not, if I'm trying to research something for a research paper. Plus there is also the concern about plagarism that might come from a site like this that is peer driven. How can you tell that what is linked isn't something copied from somewhere else?

Also, if the subject you are trying to research isn't very well researched, you're still as out of luck on the del.icio.us site as you are in a conventional library.

It's a nice way of organizing material on the internet, which I admit is huge and can never be properly indexed, but how good is the information that is found by the tool?

No comments: